Pages

Thursday, February 26, 2015

De-Stash Begins February 8, 2015



I've been thinking about this idea for a while. I have so much stuff in my stash. I could probably make cards and pages for months before I ran out of anything.

I seriously have enough background paper to wallpaper my kitchen. Of course the paper might not match but then it would be eclectic or ugly but hey, I could just say, "I'm artistic."  Finally this week, I began. I made these four cards with background paper I bought at least 10 years ago.  At the time, I was a very serious stamper and I thought it would be cheating to use a pre-printed images.  These days, I'm lucky to get a card made at all so I don't worry about cheating anymore.  

I'm going to post one piece of art a week made from my stash on Saturday.  I hope you will play along and post something you've made from your stash. It can be any art form: paper, fabric, yarn, ribbon, paint etc. The only rule is that part of your piece must be made with something you've had for at least a year.

Check back on Saturday for our first De-Stash.  There will be a Mr. Linky box where you can leave a link to your art that you made by De-Stashing.  





1 comment:

  1. Awesome cards - very excellent idea! I will try to join in as I too have a ridiculous stash that I need to use. I have got very lazy about using my papers and have tended to do one layer things with my paints instead of using my die cuts or collaging anything. Well, I said 'lazy' but actually I think I have finally found that I prefer to work minimally, but that means I feel REALLY guilty about all the stuff I have and don't use. SO, like I said, I will endeavour to join in and will see if Wee Man wants to do some cutting and gluing too. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete